Fun Finds Friday - I'm SEW Happy!

I really needed to work on my long neglected house this Friday.  Every room is currently eligible to be declared a disaster area!  Between the everyday living, the two-four nights a week after work grand baby sitting and playing too much on weekends, things have gotten OUT OF CONTROL!  I needed to stay away from garage sales, estate sales..any type of sale.

 But as I started working on my bedroom and cleaning out drawers, I suddenly felt overwhelmed by how much there is to do, so I did the logical thing!  I ran out the door as fast as I could, made a brief stop at the RaceTrac for my favorite fountain diet coke and hit a couple garage sales!

And, I'm so glad I did!  Look what I would have missed out on if I hadn't sacrificed cleanliness and organization for fun finds!  A clean, organized house is so overrated.

This beauty was only $20.  Isn't she gorgeous?  She has some veneer issues and a drawer that has lost some of it's decor, but I can see beyond the outward and straight into her gorgeous soul.







She is going to have a good home in my new vintage sewing room that I am working on.  I saw another awesome cabinet (her twin) on Pinterest recently that was painted and aged.  It was so gorgeous.  I'm trying to decide whether or not to attempt a transformation, or let the old girl age gracefully.  Kind of like the same struggle I'm having with whether or not to dye my hair or age gracefully.

What do you think......on both counts????

Linking to:

Sew Many Ways       
Craftomanic Mondays                
Junkin' Joe's Friday            



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous--what a find! I'm on the lookout for a vintage sewing machine as well. I'm with you on the whole dye or not to dye with hair color! I try not to and then always cave...nothing wrong with having fun with color! I'd keep your sewing machine the way it is though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I have one that could be a cousin, not quite a twin. It also needs some TLC. I would love to see what you do with this, mine is just sitting in my bedroom taking up space, not really shown off and doesn't look right in the space... Did you pin the one on Pinterest? BTW went grey in my twenties and would be completely white/grey/steel if i did not have mine done. I did it myself when I was younger, but having it done makes all the difference..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find at a great price. Good luck with it. My mother has one just about identical to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that exact same one (only difference is the knobs on the drawers - mine are more detailed & missing one knob). The detailing around the drawers are even the same. Mine belonged to my grandmother then my mother. I believe the sewing machine would even work if I had a belt for the peddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun that there is a heritage to yours! It makes it that much more special!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, only $20, what a find! She's beautiful! I love painting furniture, but I might be tempted to keep this one natural. ... And your first two paragraphs made me smile because I could totally relate. I know all about OUT OF CONTROL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day I will post about my "garage sale trailer". :-)

      Delete
  6. Wow... what a great buy at a fantastic price. Well done. Thanks for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous find! And in great shape too! :) Hope you have a great weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whats lurking inside is what id like to see..lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!