Menu Monday!

Menu Monday
Week of Mar 20 – 27

Monday
Roasted Whole Chicken (Costco)*
Steamed Broccoli
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Note:  I purchase two whole chickens.  From the leftovers, I glean 3-4 cups of chopped chicken for other meals in the week.  The rest of the chicken and carcasses are thrown in a pot with seasonings, water and celery and I create a soup base/stock from that.  Debone and return chicken to pot.  I then separate the stock/soup base into 2-3 containers for future meals.  I usually freeze one of the bases to use for future last minute meals and use the other one/two for this week.

Tuesday
Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie (from one of the containers above)

Wednesday
Street Tacos

Thursday
French Dip Hoagies
Au Jus
Homemade Potato Salad

Friday
Green Chili Enchiladas (using 3-4 cups of reserved chicken from above)
Spanish Rice
Low-Fat Refried Beans

Saturday
Grilled Deer Steaks
Grilled Asparagus with Soy Sauce and Sesame Seed
Sticky Rice (Cowboy’s preferred side dish)

Sunday
Lunch – Potluck at Friends
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!